We believe that sustainability is the right thing to do, for everyone’s future
As an industry leader, we’re serious about our goal to become a fully sustainable operation. In an effort to become a certified sustainable winery, we started our Sustainability Initiative in 2017, but our company has practiced a policy of conservation since its founding.
We’re honored to receive official certification from the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance, an industry-leading program that audits sustainable practices and continuous improvement among California’s many vineyards.
- Our 5,000 panel solar farm produces approximately 1.037 mil kWh annually. Our new solar project will put a roof on our employee parking lot and add additional solar panels.
- We’ve introduced a grower certification program that certifies growers who follow sustainability principles. A large number of our growers are already certified, with our goal to purchase 100% of our grapes from certified growers by 2020.
In addition, we’ve also made advancements in the following areas:
- Jacketed and insulated stainless steel tanks
- Decreased natural gas usage in distillation process
- Recaptured ethanol emissions from storage warehouse
- 500,000 glass bottles saved from plants
- Sourcing recyclable, lightweight bottles and packaging materials