People Using Business as a Force for Good™
O’Neill Vintners & Distillers is proud to join the global community of Certified B Corporations determined to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy – Benefit for all.
B Mission Driven
True to O’Neill’s core values, the mission behind B Corp is centered around long-term vision and continuous improvement for the benefit of all. As an industry so closely connected to people and the planet, O’Neill fosters a company culture that empowers a holistic approach to solving business challenges –
Forward Thinkers | Ingenuity That Never Quits | A Handshake You Can Trust | Always Deliver
From grape to bottle, O’Neill focuses on reducing the environmental impact our products carry at scale. We’ve decreased natural gas usage in the distillation process, sourced recyclable, lightweight bottles and packaging materials, and saved over 500,000 glass bottles from processing plants.
Additionally, we’ve introduced a program that assists our grower partners in their journey to get their sustainability certification. To date, over 85% of our growers are certified as part of our goal to purchase 100% of our grapes from certified sustainable growers by 2023.
We rely on our planet to provide the fruits for our labor – as such, we remain steadfast in innovating and adopting systems that replenish the environment:
- 40-acre Regenerative Viticulture Study to learn ways of converting farming & winemaking practices at scale.
- Over 5,000 solar panels drive a 740KW solar system that fully powers our bottling and warehouse operations
- BioFiltro BIDA System recycles 80MM gallons of water each year for vineyard irrigation and generates 1,225 dry tons of worm castings to boost the soil health of 500 acres of farmland.
B Diverse & Equitable
To ensure everyone receives an equitable pour, we must address the challenges and inequalities preventing advancement and opportunities in our industry. Internally, 45% of our employees are female, with 40 women serving in leadership roles across departments. Further initiatives include:
- Charles Woodson & O’Neill Family Wine Scholarship which aims to recruit and retain high-achieving Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) interested in pursuing a career in the wine industry.
- Women of the Vine & Spirits Gold Member, which provides our employees access to informative sessions on diversity, equity, and inclusion to address the particular challenges that face women in the alcohol beverage industry.
Since 2017, O’Neill has adopted LEAN systems to ensure consistency in operational output and product quality. These practices empower our production team at all levels to identify operational opportunities and work towards actionable solutions.
With the implementation of LEAN manufacturing, O’Neill has
- Reduced processing errors by 80%
- Increased cellar production by 35%
- Improved cross-functional awareness and alignment reducing processing times and production expectations
- Improved employee engagement to report operational inefficiencies
B People Focused
We have an ongoing responsibility to serve and uplift the employees, communities, customers, and consumers interrelated with O’Neill. We have followed sustainable sourcing and operational practices at the local and national levels to support purpose-driven brands upheld by an unwavering pillar of community service.
O'Neill received a score of 98.3 out of 200 from B Lab — view our full assessment here:
About B Corporations™
Certified B Corporations are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. They meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. To date, there are over 5,000 B Corps in 155 industries and 80 countries around the world.
About B Lab™
B Lab is transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. A leader in economic systems change, our global network creates standards, policies, and tools for business, and we certify companies — known as B Corps — who are leading the way.