California Privacy Rights
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Last Modified: October 25, 2021
- Contact information and Geographic Location, which may include your name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), company name and other similar information, and your geographic location.
- Personal/demographic information, which may include your birthday/age/age group, gender, birth date, salary range, occupation, level of education, contest- or promotion-specific information (e.g., for wedding promotions, we ask for your wedding date, location, etc.).
- User and account information, which may include user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders (in addition to other personal information such as contact information, birth date).
- Transactional and financial information, which may include products or services you purchase, inquire about or request, payment information, and debit/credit card information.
- Preferences, interests, views and comments, which may include beverage preferences and consumption frequency, subscriptions/communications preferences, feedback in response to surveys, language preference.
- Event or promotion participation information, which may include event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry such as clothing size), information provided when requesting or receiving discounts/coupons/rebates, registrations, information relating to use of online communities (for example social media IDs) and all other user submissions and content you provide.
- Internet or other similar network activity, which may include cookies, web beacons and navigational and location data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs). Your Internet browser automatically transmits some of this information, such as the URL of the website you just visited and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser version currently being used by your computer. Such technologies help us to keep track of your interactions with our website and provide you with a more customized experience.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase or from your wine club registrations;
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our websites or apps; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries.
Use of Personal Information. We use personal information about customers to:
- conduct and follow up on interactions and transactions,
- in connection with registration, such as for events, memberships, accounts,
- to permit your participation in online communities/provision of user-generated content,
- to respond to your requests,
- to permit your participation in contests, sweepstakes and other promotions,
- for marketing purposes (unless you have asked us not to), to analyze trends, administer our website, track users' movements and online activity and gather demographic information for aggregate use, web beacons in emails and newsletters so that we know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users.
Sale of Personal Information. O’Neill Beverages Co. LLC does not, and will not, sell any personal information we collect or use.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Contact information and geographic location;
- Personal/demographic information;
- Transactional and financial information;
- Preferences, interests, views, and comments; and
- Internet or other similar network activity.
We disclosed this personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers, including marketing service providers, information technology services providers, software providers, shipping service providers, and credit card processors.
- Legal and accounting service providers.
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries.
Your Rights and Choices. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), California residents have the right to request access to or deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about our information practices, to opt-out of the"sale" of personal information, if applicable, and to not be discriminated against.
In order to exercise these rights, you will need to verify your identity to protect your security and personal information. You or your authorized representative may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about who we collected personal information and must provide sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, our business or commercial purpose for collecting that information, the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you, and the information we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Note that even if we honor your request to delete your information, we may retain certain information as required or permitted by law.
You may exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our local number at (559) 358‑2795 or our toll-free number at (888) 400‑6628 and making a request for access or deletion.
Other California Privacy Rights. If you’re a resident of California, you can request a notice identifying the categories of personal information, as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. Please submit a written request to email@example.com.